Thursday, October 13, 2011

Arrival and First Couple of Days

Hola!! 

What an adventure it has been so far.. I have went through some ups and downs already and it is only day day 6!! 
We made it Quayaquil, Ecuador on Saturday October 8th around 8pm!  I thought it would be a crazy experience going through customs but it was really nothing (although I heard on the way back it is very different.) We stayed in a beautiful hotel in Guayaquil called Grand Hotel Quayaquil. 
This is a view from the stairscase looking down from our hotel!!

Another View..

Large Iguana Decoration on the side of the hotel building


Quayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador with 3 million people!  People in Quayaquil speak Spanish, but they talk very, very fast (compared to people in Cuenca).  It is hard to follow what people in Cuenca are saying but even harder in Quayaquil.  On Sunday October 9th we had a city tour of Quayaquil, we walked around for about two hours with a guide who showed us many things! 



This is just one of 300 iguanas at that are in a rescue park downtown, along with many turles!

I have seen many more things but at the moment the photes do not want to upload so I will try again later! 
I have to go but I plan to tell more later!

















This is called a gasamo seed, it is used to help cure colds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment